Access to Institutional Quality Managers
SMArt Xchange is the first UMA/SMA platform providing advisors access to institutional quality managers offering traditional and alternative investment strategies in a single brokerage account, including:
- Long only
- Long/short equity
- Market Neutral
- Short only
- Options based
Our strategic relationships enable wealth advisors to open client accounts at various custodians.
As advisors increase their reliance on technology to support the evolving relationship between advisors and investors, SMArtX delivers an integrated technology solution to drive productivity gains, grow independent channels, and facilitate the transition from commission-based to fee-based accounts.
Advantages of the SMArtX managed account exchange
Each investment management firm is assessed on its leadership, philosophy, and investment performance. Key personnel and counterparties are subject to background and verification checks, and each firm must be a registered investment advisor to be part of the platform.
The inherent nature of receiving trade information from the investment firm’s trade management system or executing broker inherently provides an in-depth view of a firm’s investment and operational procedures.
Every firm is required to:
- Be a registered investment advisor (RIA) in good standing with SEC or their relevant state regulator.
- Submit to third party background checks on key personnel, covering criminal, regulatory and credit histories.
- Present their form ADV Part II and brochure for review.
- Complete due diligence questionnaire.
Each firm is subject to some or all of the following:
- Third party verified audited financials.
- ADV Part II and brochure review.
- Review of audited financials for the last 3 years.
- Assessment of fund statements submitted directly by administrator.
- GIPS compliance/third party review of historical strategy performance.
TD Ameritrade, Inc. is one of the firms that we use to custody our client assets. TD Ameritrade, SMArtX, and the other entities named are separate and unaffiliated firms, and are not responsible for each other’s services or policies. TD Ameritrade does not endorse or recommend any advisor and the use of the TD Ameritrade logo does not represent the endorsement or recommendation of any advisor. Brokerage services provided by TD Ameritrade Institutional, Division of TD Ameritrade, Inc., member FINRA/SIPC. TD Ameritrade is a trademark jointly owned by TD Ameritrade IP Company, Inc. and The Toronto-Dominion Bank. Used with permission.